Monday, April 25, 2011

OPI You Don't Know Jacques Suede and a couple of Random Orlys

I'm not really a big matte fan but the I really do like those shimmery mattes like Zoya Matte Velvets and OPI Suedes. The shimmer has so much depth. and they also look really awesome with a glossy top coat.

Here is YDKJ Suede

Two coats. In my experience these are easier to apply than the non-shimmery mattes because they dry a little slower giving you more time to work with it on the nail.I love all those little metallic glittery bits in the Suede polishes so so much! I wish I had an awesome camera so that I could show you the detail. Check out Cilucia's shots of Russian Navy Suede here. See what I mean?? HOLY CRAP!

With top coat. Look at all the depth. Though I do think I like this one better matte.



And here are a couple of Orlys I swatched recently

Snowcone. I have worn this blue a few times as NOTD which is pretty rare for me since I try to go through my untrieds as quickly as possible. It's beautiful. There's something about this shade of blue that just really appeals to me. This is two coats and it's perfect. The mini gloss that came with it was also surprisingly really nice.



Enchanted Forest. My bottle was missing the dangly charm that came with this collection :( LOL. Dark green creme. I can't ever have enough of these kinds of colours.
-

1 comment:

  1. I prefer YDKJ with the original suede finish. Very tempted to add this to my WL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment ♥